Sunday 23 June 2013

Tarts and Tantrums!

So....Sunday.........



Hmm.....what a day! 
We started the day off a bit slower than a week/school day as we often do on a Sunday - Saturday is swim lesson day so no chance of a lie-in! Mum came round to cook us all Sunday dinner in my oven because they don't currently have anything resembling a cooking appliance in their building site of a kitchen!

They've done pretty well these last couple of weeks coming to ours for dinner as the resident chef (aka me!!) has given mum time off cooking! I quite enjoy it and I usually do most of it when we go away for our annual 2 week Cornish holiday - coming up......can't wait!!!!!!

Anyway, today mum offered to give me the day off so I took her offer up! Nothing like a roast cooked by mum! ;)

The drama started however, with Missy Moo who only had a plate with 3 chips (we substituted today as neither of us had potatoes to do roasties!), a small bit of roast chicken meat, one carrot stick and a tiny broccoli floret! Did she want to eat any of it? Did she eck! 

She had already seen the Lidl Strawberry Tart that mum had brought for pud and the bribery didn't work today - you know the stuff, 'you can't have pudding until you eat this.....just one bit of meat, then you can have pudding.....' We exhausted the list! It was bribe central! Then she got tearful. She is very sensitive, and was very tired. So she got her pud! I figure that with her slight frame and my paranoia that she doesn't eat enough food all the time that a clotted cream strawberry tart would be a good way to fatten her up! Ok, wrist slap time from all you health freak text book mummies - no offence.......Joke!!! (See that - making myself paranoid that I will upset someone again!)

But that was just the start of things to come! Honey Bee, who loves strawberries but never usually eats anything with strawberries in -  other than a bowl with just strawberries in - she was the next to (putting it bluntly) kick off! She had spent the morning asking me what time we were going to the Funday (local community event) and although I am always up for supporting local events and had intended to wander down after dinner, I questioned her desperateness for going! Ultimately she sees something like it as an opportunity to have money spent on her and will moan when we say no to her or tell her its time to go. So....FUNday??? More like NO-FUNday for us adults!

Oh what a meany mum I have been today! I blackmailed/bribed/whatever you want to call it - Honey Bee by telling her that she could only go if she ate her slice of Tart! Oh Wow! Amateur dramatics alert! The fake crying and tantruming started! I am sure many of you can picture it! It went on......and on......and on......till she ate it! Mum 1 - 0 Honey Bee!

Then I became the meanest of all mean mums! Believe me - I was called it after I subsequently told her we were no longer going to go to the Funday! Why? Because, to be honest her general behaviour with me, her sisters, her grandparents, her table manners......has been quite poor and as much as I hate playing the bad guy because, as a single parent, its like you are doubley bad, I felt it was time to put my foot down and TRY to teach her a lesson!

Whether it works, who knows?! What concerns me is that her negative behaviour naturally rubs off on her sisters so I have to try to nip it in the bud as much as possible or heaven help me when my girls are teenagers!

Right, after that little rant, its time for a quick look at some of the Blog Hoppers on the Weekend Blog Hop, sup some wine and try to finish my CV and covering letter....

Till the next rant! :)

3 comments:

  1. There must be something in the air this weekend! My little girl has been a right grumpy pants! Hope Honey Bee is less grumpy for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Sometimes, as a mom, you've got to put your foot down. Don't feel guilty about the treats once in a while. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel guilty we all have to be the bad parent sometimes.

    Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop

    Hope to see you again this weekend

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete