Sunday 2 June 2013

Talc attack!

We're home :(
Home from our fantastic mini holiday in Exmouth. What an amazing time we all had! 
It is fortunate that the parents of a school friend of mine retired there about six years ago and my friend managed to persuade them to let us four, her and another friend descend on them last week. Am truly grateful because it meant I could give my girls a mini holiday without have to fork out for accommodation, let alone spending money.

I won't bore you with all the details......we beached, we crazy golf'd, we play park'd, we shopped, we music festival'd, we glitter tattoo'd and much more. It was fab! I even went in the sea! Ffffffffffreezing!
I was worried that at least one of the girls would play up or have lots of tantrums and show me up - a big fear when you are staying with someone else's parents. But they did me proud! They were amazingly well behaved and good mannered and that boosts my self-esteem to think I must be doing something right! We even got invited back for next May half term!

I must share this one tip with you though. I can't remember who told me or where I read about it but I just had to test it out whilst we were there! Do you find it irritating when you are covered in sand, either because it has stuck to your suncream lathered skin because of small children or others flicking it around, or you have come away from a paddle in the sea and the soft dry sand just instantly clings to your feet? Well...........take some talcum powder (talc) to the beach with you and gently rub onto the sandy areas and as if by magic, the sand comes away! Obviously don't go too mad and talc attack your skin (or others')! It is a godsend, so simple and it works! Try it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment