Wednesday 12 June 2013

Oodles of Doodles and Chinese noodles!

Evening all!

So today has been a mixed up day. Nothing too eventful really. I thought we were going to be caught up in the rain both on the school run and my last minute trip to town for (what was meant to be) a few bits and bobs. But we were pretty lucky really. It didn't start raining until this afternoon and only the odd shower.

So, I 'popped' into town with Missy Moo and ended up spending more than I planned! Firstly I went in B&M Bargains and spent nearly £30 on odds and sods but did include some cheap summery canvas shoes (a bit like Clarks Doodles) and flip flops for the girls!

At £2.49 a pair I just couldn't refuse especially as they had the right sizes for Missy Moo and Sweet Pea! 

Then I was on my way to Primark (yes - my mission was to spend as little as poss on the odd things the girls 'need' like pyjamas etc). But I got side-tracked walking past the Clarks shop where big red 'SALE' signs grabbed my attention! Honey Bee has been wanting some Sketchers canvas trainer type shoes that are beyond what I want to pay on a pair of shoes she will no doubt wreck or outgrow quickly - I learnt that lesson when I was persuaded or should I say TOLD to buy for her when she was 5 years old!

So fortunately for me and her there was a lovely pair of similar shoes on their sale rack so I grabbed them quick. At this point, Missy Moo had extracted herself from the pushchair and was trying to take various odd shoes off shelves and I could forsee a potential DISASTER!!! I then had the guilt trip feeling of thinking that it had been a while since I had got her feet measured and now seemed like the ideal opportunity. Missy Moo is my teeny tiny ickle girl and although recently turned 2, her feet are still a teeny tiny size 5.

 Unfortunately for me there weren't any suitable 'Sale' shoes but the assistant persuaded me to take a look at what shoes they had got in her size. Silly mummy got sucked in!

Well! Who could resist these gorgeous sparkly purple Doodles!! Missy Moo loved them so how could I refuse?!

Ch-Ching! Another £30 spent and I hadn't even got to Primark!

I did make it there next and picked up a few bargains, including a £1 pair of sunglasses for me (for spares when you just can't find your usual ones as you are rushing out the door!) and a pair of black canvas trousers for £6.90 instead of £10 - which I personally think is a bargain already!!

So another £30 lighter (some kind of weird pattern emerging here?!!?) and I quickly scarpered or should I say trundled (buggy laden with at least 2 bags hanging off each side!) back to the car before I spent more money! 

Playgroup pick up, school run and many quabbles later and teatime was approaching! This week we are being joined every evening by my parents who currently do not have much of a kitchen left! They are having an extension built and so it is a bit of a building site there right now. Luckily for us all they had decided to treat us to a Chinese takeaway tonight! Yum! The girls only like Sweet and Sour Chicken, Chow Mein noodles and egg fried rice but when mum and dad join us we order a meal deal and have the added dish of King Prawn with Cashew Nuts - yummy! 

So I'm contented! Now to top it off with a glass of vino - well it IS Wine Wednesday afterall!!


No comments:

Post a Comment