Thursday 20 June 2013

It's been sooooo long!

So today a fantastic opportunity has come about in regards to returning to work!

I was helping out at Sweet Pea's playgroup this morning and learnt that the 'paid' job of financial administrator on the committee is being advertised as of today! 

OK it is only 7 hours per week but boy am I keen! It has left me feeling so positive! Might sound naive and stupid because I haven't been offered the job or anything but it would be perfect for me to bring my CV up to date and break me back into the working world and I think I should stand out as a strong candidate because I have relevant experience!

I have just finished starting (?!?) my CV. Got the main bits done, just got to expand on some of the sections especially the Employment bit. It has been soooo long since I have had to do a CV so I am starting from scratch and its hard but I guess it is all good pratice! I am also being realistic - there is probably going to be stiff competition from all the other mums that want something small to get started again back on the road to work. But I will do my best and if I don't get it at least I will have tried and it will help in developing my skills for returning to work again in the future. Fingers crossed eh?!.......

5 comments:

  1. Got my fingers crossed for you hun. Let me know how you get on.

    Thank you for linking up with the Weekend Blog Hop

    Hope to see you again this weekend

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. popping over from the weekend blog hop. good luck with the job!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from the bloghop, from one single mummy to another-I wish you all the best luck with the job! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers & toes crossed for you! Let us know how you get on :o)
    Coming over from the weekend blog hop x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you x

    ReplyDelete