Friday 14 June 2013

Freedom (Programme) Forever!

Howdy!
Today I have mostly been tickled silly by my ickle monkeys! - you had to be there but I just love these moments when I can I have times of complete madness with my girls. I never had the time before and when I have all three hanging off my every limb I remind myself that I am even playing the role that you normally associate with dads - the difference with my situation is my ex had a back injury and other excuses that resulted in Honey Bee not getting this kind of play time even with him.

Aside from the madness, Sweet Pea went shopping with Nana for a treat as she has slept in her own bed for the last 3 nights!! A big achievement for her! I popped to Tesco and bought way too much chocolate! I must add that I didn't open any of it today! Mars chocolates (M&M's, Milky Way Stars, Revels etc etc) are doing the cinema ticket offer in exchange for four bags. So I thought that would be a good way of saving money for when Honey Bee next wants to go. She has also been wanting to try Cadbury's Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy Shells so I got some of that too!

Yesterday I caught up with a couple of friends I have made who have been through a similar situation to me/us. One has a one year old daughter and the other has three children (10, 6 and 2). We met through the Domestic Abuse Outreach services who put us in touch and set us up with starting The Freedom Programme earlier this year. We are all in differing situations with our Divorces, Child Contact stuff and so it is great to be able to support each other with all the ongoing cr*p !

Talking to them and sharing our current situations remind me of the massive benefit The Freedom Programme can be to anyone who has been through an abusive relationship or thinks they are living with an abusive partner. I wanted to share this!

I completed the programme recently and it was such a great help in moving forward with life. It really opens your eyes to things that you possibly just put up with and thought was/is normal behaviour. For me it was eye-opening. It was surprising how others in the group had been through almost identical scenarios.

See my page at the top of this blog for more information about The Freedom Programme.

Oh and just another quick Potty Update:
Missy Moo has done FOUR wee wees on the potty today! It helps when we are at home longer in the day because she can have more nappy free time but the positive step forward for me/her is the fact that when she IS nappy free she knows when she needs 'to go' so she asks for the potty! Yesterday we had a POO and two wees - the former was because she was massively constipated AGAIN :(

No comments:

Post a Comment