Tuesday 14 May 2013

Blog Virgin!

Ho hum......what to write?! 
I'm a newbie blogger so I don't really know where to start!

I've introduced myself in the About Me section but I guess I should expand a bit on that!
My name is Karen, I live in Gloucestershire with my 3 gorgeous daughters, having fled from my abusive (now ex) husband.

I decided to start this blog as a way of sharing the highs and lows of life as a single parent and survivor of domestic abuse. Hopefully my experiences and thoughts might help others (men and women) who are living with or have escaped from an abusive partner or are feeling life as a single parent is tough.

I have been rebuilding mine and my girls' lives since 7th July 2011. 
My girls have until recently been subject to a child protection plan because of my ex so I have had involvement with Children's Services in Nottinghamshire and Gloucestershire, Women's Services, Police etc. We also have ongoing Contact proceedings at court because my ex is claiming he wants to see the girls but there are concerns regarding his physical and mental health so I will keep updating with my experiences of this along with the odd rant!

I know how lonely it can feel some days, I have friends who are currently struggling with 'the system' and moving forward but hopefully, my experiences might give confidence to others who are, at times, feeling let down and low.

There is no excuse for abuse!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, hope you're getting lots out of it - it is definitely like a therapy session! Look forward to reading more x

    ReplyDelete