Friday 7 June 2013

3 Years ago today.........

........I changed mine and the girls' lives - in a good and a bad way!

On 7th June 2010, having been separated from my husband since March 29th 2010, I rather stupidly and regrettably decided to reconcile with him. I say regrettably, but in some ways it wasn't regrettable and that is why I say it changed mine and the girls' in a good way too!!

Why? Well, for starters, at that point there were only two girls and me! I conceived Missy Moo very quickly after the reconciliation and will absolutely never, ever have any regrets about her! In some ways, I actually think her existence lives up to her (real) name - of Hebrew origin, relating to God. In addition, my decision to return to our 'previous life', having given a Police statement etc, triggered other events to occur and as mad as it may seem to some, a blessing in disguise, in the form of the involvement of Social Services/Children's Services!

Quite rightly, returning with my children to a home where there had been historic Domestic Violence, was not considered a good move by agencies involved with safeguarding children. Although I spent the next 13 months trying to make them all believe that what I had said was untrue, in the end their involvement has been a massive help in fighting my ex in court since I came to my senses and left him finally in July 2011 and ever since.....

For those of you who don't know me, there is a fair bit to my story that I will drip feed into my blog posts, but I can tell you now, my overall experience of Children's Services has been a positive one as their involvement and the lack of interest/commitment from my ex has resulted in Honey Bee having one hour supervised contact with him (supervised by our social worker) and the other two have not since him since we left in July 2011 - when Missy Moo was just 10 weeks old!!

4 comments:

  1. Firstly well done for having the courage to leave! Your girls are lucky to have such a string independent woman for a mam. I too was in the same boat back in Match 2009, I had a 10 month old daughter and was about 5 weeks pregnant.

    I am hopping over from the weekend blog hop and I am new to the blogging world http://www.countrysidemam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Countryside Mam! Great to hear from you! Will take a look at your blog! I am a newbie blogger too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from the blog hop. I look forward to reading more :)

    Mum of a Premature Baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca! Thanks for taking a look. I will return the favour and take a look at yours! :)

    ReplyDelete