Wednesday 15 May 2013

Driving me potty!



Well, today has been a mixture of news and events. That sounds a bit more exciting than it actually is but most of it is positive stuff!

This morning I helped out with duty at Sweet Pea's playgroup. Its been a while since I volunteered but I enjoyed it and so did Missy Moo who had to tag along. The scary thing is that it could be as little as 6 months before both are attending and I get to experience child-free days!

On return to the house at lunchtime, following the first of three tumbles from Sweet Pea (she blames her shoes of course!), I was delighted to receive an email from my solicitor containing an attachment of a Section 7 report compiled by Gloucestershire Children's and Young Person's Directorate (CYPD)  for our next week's court hearing. I can't go into too much detail at this stage but I will say that I was left feeling somewhat pleased with what I read, but also reeling slightly as I feel my family's safety is somewhat in limbo again! I rang the local Police DV unit but the Sgt I have been dealing with recently (who ironically used to work on shift with my ex!) was not available to speak to so I will have to chase him up tomorrow.

On another sort of high note, Missy Moo did her first voluntary wee on her potty!!!!!!!
She has done a little dribble before after I quickly put her on one when she started to wee on the carpet upstairs whilst waiting for a bath a few weeks back but today she was nappy free for a bit this afternoon and she kept sitting on the potty, then just as I was dealing with one of the other girls, she plopped herself down, did a wee then proudly stood up looking very pleased with herself! What a lot of praise she got, from all of us! So proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment